Brayer Technique with Embossing Folders is very pretty and very easy to do!
- Roll your Brayer over the Craft pad until it's well inked.
- Open your folder and find the EMBOSSING side - the one where the images are bumped out.
- Ink this side of the folder until all areas are well covered.
- You need to use a Brayer for this process so you don't get any ink inside the EMBOSSING areas as that will transfer to your project and you won't like it!
- When the folder is well inked, carefully place your cardstock inside.
- Make your "sandwich" with the Standard Platform and Plates and put it through the Big Shot.
- Pop open your folder and Viola! a beautiflly embossed, inked image!
- NOTE: You can use this same process but ink the DEBOSSED side. Your in will be in the "flat" areas of the image ... this is pretty too ... it just depends on the look you want for your particular project!
That's it! Let the piece dry for a few minuts (Craft Ink takes longer to set) or carefully use your Heat Gun to set the ink.
Here's the supplies used for this card:
- Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (a Stampin' Up! exclusive #120175 $7.95)
- Craft Ink - Whisper White #101731 $7.50
- Perfect Punches stamp set #120516 (clear mount) #17.95 #117022 (wood mount) $24.95
- Scallop Trim Border Punch #118402 $15.95
- 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon - Early Espresso #119959 $5.95
- Classic Ink - Early Espresso #119670 $5.95
- Baja Breeze card stock #111352 $6.95 (24 pcs)
- Whisper White card stock #100730 $8.50 (40 pcs)
I hope you are inspired to try this technique for your next project! Call me if you have questions (913) 485-8263 on how to do the BRAYER TECHNIQUE!
FYI: This is not my project - I found it in my "Must Try This" folder on my computer ... it's from July 2010! So if you recognize it as yours, please let me know and I'll add your name to this post!